Welcome to RHD
RESOURCE HUB FOR DEVELOPMENT (RHD) is a registered national, non-governmental, non-profit, non religious, non-political, humanitarian and development Organization founded in 2010. It has a mandate in partnering with communities, local and international institutions and organizations in alleviating poverty through socio-economic empowerment and humanitarian aid in poor marginalized rural regions and urban slums in Kenya. RHD stand to change the lives of individual and families in the poorest communities in Kenya by promoting initiatives and sustainable development solutions which advocates facilitating lasting change, strengthening development capacity for self help, providing economic, social opportunities and relief to the poor.
RHD programs covers; Health Care, Water - Sanitation & Hygiene (WaSH), Education, Agriculture, Environmental Management and Energy conservation, Housing and Settlement, HIV/Aids, Information, Micro-finance and Management, Humanitarian Relief, Youth and Women Empowerment , Social and Cultural Programs -Peace Building, Volunteerism, Population and Reproductive health and welfare. RHD works with the poorest of the poor marginalized, isolated rural communities nationwide to identify and solve core problems.
REASONS BEHIND THE FORMATION OF RESOURCE HUB FOR DEVELOPMENT - RHD
- To eliminate rural poverty.
- To develop rural area as whole in terms of culture, society, economy, technology and health.
- To improve living standard of rural mass and urban slums.
- To develop and empower rural youths, children and women in rural areas and urban slums.
- To develop and empower human resource of rural area in terms of their psychology, skill, knowledge, attitude and other abilities.
- To develop infrastructure facility of rural and urban slums.
- To provide and improve minimum facility to rural mass in terms of clean and safe drinking water, education, health, electricity and communication.
- To provide financial assistance to develop the rural artisans, orphan and needy children education, farmers and agrarian unskilled labor, small and big rural entrepreneurs to improve their economy.
- To develop agriculture, animal husbandry and other agricultural related areas in rural mass by restoring uncultivated land, provide irrigation facilities and motivate farmers to adopt improved seed, fertilizers, package of practices of crop cultivation and soil conservation methods.
- To develop entertainment and recreational facility for rural mass.
- To develop leadership quality among youths in rural areas.
- To improve rural marketing facility.
- To minimize gap between the urban and rural in terms of facilities availed.
- To improve rural people’s participation in the sustainable development of their community and nation as whole.
- To improve scopes of employment for rural mass.
- To solve the problems faced by the rural mass for their development.
RHD - Core Values
- Transformational: We believe that for positive sustainable transformation to occur in our communities it must be addressed at three levels: personal empowerment and responsibility, community revitalization, and societal transformation. Holistic transformation occurs within all aspects of personal and community life, including the psychological, physical, spiritual, economic, political, and socio-cultural dimensions of life.
- Highly effective: We seek to be catalysts of change to make the most significant positive impact with the limited resources available. This means that we are strategic in how we use our resources, limiting ourselves to addressing a few priority issues and those in greatest need. We also ensure accountability in how the resources are used.
- Accountability: We believe in robust accountability at all levels including downward to the communities we serve, sideways to partners and upward to funders and donors.
- Integrity: We embrace integrity in everything we do. We are committed to speaking out against all forms of corruption, discrimination and prejudice and maintaining the highest standards of professionalism particularly when dealing with potentially sensitive or confidential information.
- Excellent: We believe that those we serve deserve the best. We shall be an organization that is continually learning and sharing; creating models of good practice that can be replicated nationally, regionally and globally.
- Relational: We recognize the importance of good relationships and strong, mutually beneficial partnerships. We seek to put those we are serving first while being humble and learning from others.
- Empowering: We seek to strengthen the capacities and address the vulnerabilities of those we serve. This also includes encouraging, development of skills and access to resources for self-sufficiency.
- Passionate: We are passionate about those we work for and passionate in all that we do. We seek to be creative/innovative and imaginative in finding sustainable solutions to addressing issues of poverty and injustice.
- Voluntarism: We are committed to nurturing volunteering to promote development.
- Cultural Diversity: We respect people’s cultural values, practices and differences.
- Flexibility and Adaptability: We are flexible and adaptable to changing circumstances, challenges and opportunities.
- Partnership: We are focused on working in partnership and proactively engaging the communities we serve
Principles of Engagement
- To enable the participation, engagement and inclusion of the most vulnerable and marginalized people in their communities nationally.
- To address the underlying causes of vulnerability and strengthen existing capacities and invest in preventative solutions.
- To address issues of stigmatization, discrimination and marginalization among the rural and slum communities, and among the wider rural and urban slum communities in Kenya.
- To meet the needs of the vulnerable and most marginalized through effective community-based service-delivery and social protection mechanisms.
- To develop community networks to provide care and support for the vulnerable and most marginalized.
- To strengthen capacity and share learning with rural and urban slum communities, volunteers and partners.
- To network local communities, volunteers, donors and partners with the wider development community and ensure harmonization within development frameworks.
- To promote the benefit of volunteering and enable active participation in the community for people of all ages and background.
|FOLLOW US ON TWITTER:
|FIND US ON FACEBOOK: